Quick tips on setting up Google Adwords
Pay per Click (PPC) ads can be an instant way to increase visits to your website. They’re also easier and cheaper than you might think, as you only pay if someone clicks on your ad. Here are some quick tips to getting set up on the most popular PPC platform, Google Adwords.
1. Search for ‘Google Adwords’ and set up your Google account
2. Pick some keywords that a searcher might use to find you on Google. The tool will then give you some similar keywords that you can also use. Select around 20 to start with
3. Create a compelling advert. This will be shown above or to the right of the organic search results
4. Select a relevant landing page from your website, such as a product page. Make sure there is a call-to-action on that page such as ‘Buy now’ or ‘Get in touch’
5. Set your budget – you can change this at any time
Your ads will be in direct competition with other ads so the more you are prepared to pay for each click, the more likely your ad is to be displayed at the top. The Adwords tool will give you an idea of what your budget should be based on the keywords you select. It’s important to regularly check how your ads are performing as you may find that some keywords are too expensive or are not relevant. You can keep tweaking bids and keywords until you get the results you want. You can also select geographic and device targeting – once you get started, it’s really up to you how far you want to take it.